The Papamoa FC 2023 Girls' tournament will take place on Sunday 20th August
Click here to access the following resources:
- Information pack
- Catering pack
- Downloadable field map
- The girls' tournament will take place on Sunday 20th August
- The first games will kick off at 9am
- The last games will finish by 3.30pm and all prizegivings will be completed by 4pm
- The tournament will take place at Gordon Spratt Reserve
- Each grade will be run according to the relevant WaiBOP regulations regarding player numbers and field size
- Games will be 20 minutes long (2x 10-minute halves)
- No Federation/Metro level teams are allowed
- Teams will play a round-robin followed by knockout fixtures for the top teams
- Each grade will use the relevant WaiBOP rules
The age grades for the girls' tournament are as follows. In brackets are the playing numbers and squad numbers allowed.
- Under 8 (5v5) (8)
- Under 10 (7v7) (10)
- Under 12 (9v9) (13)
- Under 14 (9v9) (13)
The tournament entry fee (per team) is $200.
The tournament will most likely proceed regardless of the weather conditions. Please come appropriately prepared for all weather conditions.
In the highly unlikely situation where the weather is so inclement, or field conditions are unsuitable or unsafe, that the tournament cannot proceed then the following will occur:
- Papamoa FC will endeavour to make any such decision by 5pm on the day before the tournament.
- If rain is forecast, additional field checks will be done between 6.20am and 6.40am on the morning of the tournament.
- The very latest that a call to cancel will be made is 6.45am. All efforts will be made to do this before this time.
- An email will be sent out to all teams advising that the tournament has been cancelled.
- All teams will also be notified by text message.
Registrations are now open. Teams that expressed interest have all been contacted to advise whether they are invited to register or on the waitlist.
To keep up to date with the tournament, like the Facebook page.
If you have any enquiries, please contact Chris at email@example.com.